Monday, June 21, 2010

Garden Update. What's in bloom! Co slychac w ogrodku!

The yard was very neglected, when we moved to our house 3 years ago. There was not much landscaping done, apart from the two dying rhododendrons and a dried out lawn. However we could see a potential in it. We loved the mature, massive oaks growing above our heads and the natural boulders that had been left by the glacier. What it was missing, was just a loving care. Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to dedicate to it. Giving birth to two kids was enough work in itself. This past Spring I finally started doing some real "yard work":)

And here are the first results.

After two years from planting this beauty finally blooms.





This is my favorite lily so far. It is called Chinese Trumpet Lily Regale.
I got a bunch of lily bulbs from the on-line source last October. This is the first one to bloom. The size of the flower is incredible and the fragrance is intoxicating.
No more bulbs buying from Home Depot:)












Another hydrangea.
Next time I'll post some pic's of my veggie garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment